This joint stock bank was established in Chesterfield in 1834 with a paid-up capital of £23,280. By 1878 its capital had increased to £35,000. At around that time a branch was opened at Clay Cross.
The bank failed in 1878 and was acquired by Crompton & Evans' Union Bank of Derby.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Chesterfield & North Derbyshire Banking Co have the reference code CHE.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 68KB).
- annual report 1859
- banknotes 1863, 1868
- directors' meeting minute book 1876-1878
- liquidation presscuttings guardbook 1878-1885
- liquidation reports and accounts 1879