This private bank was established in Winchester in 1787 as Waller & Co, and issued its own notes. In 1891, when known as Deane & Co, the bank was acquired by Prescott, Dimsdale, Cave, Tugwell & Co Ltd of London.
Detailed list of name changes
- Waller & Co from 1787
- Waller & Barnard by 1812
- Nicholas Waller by 1819
- Deane & Littlehales by 1820
- Deane, Littlehales & Deane by 1829
- Deane & Deane by 1887
- Deane & Co by 1891
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Deane & Co have the reference code DEA.
- amalgamation papers 1890-1