This private bank was established in 1855 by Richard Dingley, banker; Edward Pethybridge, banker; George Graham White, solicitor; and John Dingley, solicitor. It was also known as Launceston Bank, and was associated with the separate bank Dingley, Pearse & Co of Okehampton.
By 1922 the bank had branches at Tavistock and Holsworthy and agencies at Stratton, Callington, Camelford, Bude, Calstock, Gunnislake and Kilkhampton. In that year the bank was acquired by National Provincial & Union Bank of England.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Dingley & Co have the reference code DIN.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 68KB).
- cheques and cheque forms 1850s-1922
- securities registers 1871-(1915)
- amalgamation papers 1922, 1927