Dundee Union Bank was established in 1809 in Dundee and opened 8 branches in and around Dundee. It was acquired by Western Bank of Scotland in 1844.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Dundee Union Bank have the reference codes DB, WB/6 and DN/1/43.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 68KB).
- customer bond 1817
- list of partners 1830s
- cheque book 1830s-43
Summary of archive holdings elsewhere
- University of Glasgow Archive Services: Deed of accession to the contract of co-partnery 1832 (Ref: UGD 085)
- National Museums of Scotland: Specimen £1 note c.1840 (Ref: H.OIA 113 A)
- British Museum: Unissued £1 note 1830s (Ref: CM 1986-10-24-3)