This private bank was established in c.1828 by Thomas Firth, a rock salt merchant, alongside his other business activities. The firm appears to have opened a branch at Winsford. By 1865 the partners were Thomas Firth's son, Frederick Hand Firth, and Samuel Buckley. In 1865 the bank was taken over by Parr's Banking Co.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Thomas Firth & Sons have the reference code FIR.
- cheques c.1828