This private bank was established by 1810 as Gibson, Moore, Gibson, Pearson & Wilson. It was also known as Lonsdale Bank. In 1843, when styled Gibson, Wilson & Gregson, it was acquired by Lancaster Banking Co.
Detailed list of name changes
- Gibson, Moore, Gibson, Pearson & Wilson by 1810
- Gibson, Gibson, Warwick, Pearson & Wilson in 1825
- Edward Wilson & John Allen in 1829
- Gibson, Gibson & Gregson in the 1830s
- Gibson, Wilson & Gregson in 1843
Also known as Lonsdale Bank.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Gibson, Wilson & Gregson have the reference code GIB.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 68KB).
- banknotes c.1810s-30s
- stock contract notes and receipts 1825-42
- circular re amalgamation 1843