This private bank was established by 1790 as Sir Benj. Hammett, Jeffries, Woodforde & Buncombe. It was also known as Taunton & Somerset Bank. The bank was styled Woodforde & Co by 1812 and Kinglake & Co by 1829. It was acquired by Stuckey’s Banking Co of Langport in 1838.
- PT Saunders, Stuckey’s Bank (Taunton: Barnicott & Pearce, 1928)