This private bank was established in Doncaster in 1801 by John Leatham, James Jackson, Thomas William Tew and Edward Trueman and traded as Leatham, Jackson & Co; the bank was otherwise known as Doncaster Bank. It was renamed Leatham, Tew, Trueman & Co in 1824. By this time it was also known as East Riding Bank. From 1834 it was known as Leatham, Tew & Co. The partners also owned banks by the same name at Pontefract and Wakefield and there was also an association with Hayes, Leatham & Co (est. 1792) of Malton and Lister, Moorson & Co (est. 1792) of Scarborough. The Doncaster firm was sold to Cooke & Co of Doncaster in 1847. The Pontefract bank of the same partnership was taken over by Barclay & Co Ltd of London in 1906.