This private bank was established in Union Street, Bath, in 1815 as Dore, Smith, Moger & Evans; it was also known as Bath City Bank. The bank briefly stopped payment in 1825. In 1891, when known as George Moger & Son, the bank amalgamated with Prescott, Dimsdale, Cave, Tugwell & Co Ltd.
Detailed list of name changes
- Dore, Smith, Moger & Evans from 1815
- Smith & Moger in 1822
- Smith, Moger & Evans in 1825
- Moger & Son in 1834
- Alfred George Moger & George Horace Moger by 1888
- George Moger & Son in 1891
Also known as Bath City Bank.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of George Moger & Sons have the reference code MOG.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 68KB).
- cheques 1827, c.1891
- banknote 1855
- amalgamation agreement 1891