This private bank was established in Carmarthen in about 1790 as Morris & Sons. It was also known as Carmarthen Bank. The bank was called David Morris & Sons by 1846, and was acquired by National Provincial Bank of England in 1868.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of David Morris & Sons have the reference code MOR.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 68KB).
- banknote 1857
- deposit receipt 1859