This private bank was established in Perth as Perth Union Banking Co in 1810 with around 80 partners. Little is known about the bank, which may have specialised in agricultural finance and was probably established to satisfy the escalating demand for bank services during the French Wars. Perth Union Banking Co issued its own banknotes from 1810 and, although the bank operated on a modest scale, it had branches in Alloa, Coupar Angus and Dunkeld by 1825. During the 1820s its Edinburgh agent was Commercial Bank of Scotland and it also had a correspondent in Glasgow. In 1836 it was acquired by National Bank of Scotland of Edinburgh.