This private bank was established in 1806 as Hackett, Freer, Rotton & Co. By 1833 it was known as Rottons & Scholefields. It was acquired by National Provincial Bank of England of London in 1834.
Detailed list of name changes
- Hackett, Freer, Rotton & Co from 1806
- Freer, Rotton, Lloyds, Onions & Co in 1808
- Freer, Rotton, Lloyds & Co 1818-24
- Rottons, Smith & Co 1827
- Rottons, Scholefield & Smith in 1831
- Rottons & Scholefields by 1833
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Rottons & Scholefields have the reference code ROT.
- correspondence 1834
- cheque and cheque forms 1830s