This private bank was established in Bedford in 1829 by Joseph Margetts Pierson, banker, and John Trapp, draper, as Pierson & Trapp. It was called Trapp, Halfhead & Co by 1839 and was also known as Bedford & Bedfordshire Bank. The bank was acquired by London & County Banking Co in 1849.
Summary of archive holdings elsewhere
- Bedfordshire Archives and Records Service: Articles of co-partnership, Pierson & Trapp, 1829 (DDX/270)