This private bank was established in 1822 in Cranbrook as Hague & Co; it was also known as Weald of Kent Bank. It was called Hague & Wilmshurst from 1826; Buss, Wilmshurst, Hague & Wilmshurst by 1829; and Wilmshurst & Co by 1832. The bank was acquired by London & County Banking Co of London in 1843.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Wilmshurst & Co have the reference code WIL.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 68 KB).
- banker’s draft 1813
- cheque form 1830s