Independent non-executive director
Date of appointment:
1 June 2018
Contribution to the Board:
Patrick contributes significant retail and commercial banking experience to the Board, together with a background in complex organisational restructuring and technology transformation. This experience enables Patrick to provide insightful contributions to Board discussions on complex matters, alongside his significant financial knowledge and expertise.
Patrick was the Chief Financial Officer and a member of the Executive Board of ING Group for over eight years to May 2017. Prior to that, he worked for HSBC for 20 years. Patrick is a Fellow of Chartered Accountants Ireland.
Current external appointments:
- Non-executive director and Senior Independent Director of Aviva plc
- Group Audit Committee (Chairman)
- Group Board Risk Committee
- Group Nominations and Governance Committee
- Technology and Innovation Committee