Alison Rose DBE
Group Chief Executive Officer
Date of appointment:
1 November 2019
Contribution to the Board:
Alison has been instrumental in leading NatWest Group’s progress and performance as a purpose-led organisation, since NatWest Group’s purpose was announced in February 2020. Having gained a wealth of frontline banking experience during her 30-year career with NatWest, Alison brings a strong customer focus to Board discussions alongside an essential stakeholder lens. Alison is a passionate supporter of diversity and is executive sponsor for NatWest Group’s employee-led networks.
Having joined as a graduate in 1992, Alison’s diverse career at NatWest Group has included a number of senior leadership roles, including Deputy CEO of NatWest Holdings; Chief Executive of Commercial & Private Banking; Head of Europe, Middle East and Africa, Markets & International Banking; and Global Head of International Banking Capital and Balance Sheet. Alison co-leads both the UK government’s Energy Efficiency Taskforce and its Rose Review Board for female entrepreneurship. She was appointed Dame Commander of the British Empire in the 2023 New Year’s Honours List.
Current external appointments:
- Board member of the Institute of International Finance
- Vice-Chair of Business in the Community
- Non-executive director of Great Portland Estates plc
- Director of the Coutts Charitable Foundation
- Member of the UK Government’s Help to Grow Advisory Council
- Co-Lead of UK Government’s Rose Review Board
- Co-Chair of the UK Government’s Energy Efficiency Taskforce