Group Chief Executive
Date of appointment:
1 November 2019
Contribution to the Board:
Alison has been instrumental in leading NatWest Group’s progress and performance as a purpose-led organisation, since NatWest Group’s purpose was announced in February 2020. Having gained a wealth of frontline banking experience during her 29-year career with NatWest, Alison brings a strong customer focus to Board discussions alongside an essential stakeholder lens. Alison is a passionate supporter of diversity and is executive sponsor for NatWest Group’s employee-led networks.
Having joined as a graduate in 1992, Alison’s diverse career at NatWest Group has included a number of senior leadership roles, including Deputy CEO of NatWest Holdings; Chief Executive of Commercial & Private Banking; Head of Europe, Middle East and Africa, Markets & International Banking; and Global Head of International Banking Capital and Balance Sheet. In 2019, Alison was commissioned by the UK Government to report on the barriers to women starting businesses. She now sits on the Rose Review Board and is responsible for driving forward its recommendations.
Current external appointments:
- Board member of the Institute of International Finance
- Member of the International Business Council for the World Economic Forum
- Trustee of Business in the Community (BITC) and Chair of the Scottish BITC Advisory Board
- Non-executive director of Great Portland Estates plc
- Director of the Coutts Charitable Foundation
- Member of the UK Government’s Help to Grow Advisory Council