Date of appointment:
16 November 2016 (Board and Chairman)
Contribution to the Board:
Howard brings substantial financial services knowledge and experience to the Board, together with a deep understanding of global economic, environmental and social issues. With extensive board level experience, Howard draws on his prior regulatory and supervisory expertise to contribute both strategic and practical insights to Board discussions and debate. Howard is also a highly adept Chairman with valuable leadership and stakeholder management skills.
Howard has held several regulatory roles during his career including Chairman of the UK Financial Services Authority and Deputy Governor of the Bank of England. Howard was Director of the London School of Economics and Political Science and is also Professor of Practice at the Paris Institute of Political Studies (Sciences Po).
Howard has also previously served as a non-executive director of Morgan Stanley and Prudential plc, as Chairman of Phoenix plc and as Chair of the UK Airports Commission.
Current external appointments:
- Chairman of Inigo Limited
- Member of the Regulatory and Compliance Advisory Board of Millennium Management LLC
- Chair of the International Advisory Council of the China Securities Regulatory Commission
- Member of the International Advisory Council of the National Administration of Financial Regulation (formerly the China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission)
- NWH Nominations Committee (Chairman)