A decade after the Queen’s golden jubilee note, this £10 note was issued to celebrate 60 years of the reign of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. It is dated 6 February, the anniversary of the day of Her Majesty's accession to the throne.
Other features include:
- the official crown emblem of the Diamond Jubilee
- four intaglio portraits of the Queen, showing her at different stages in her life
- engraving of a window in Holyrood Abbey
- thistle design, in reference to the Order of the Thistle
- serial numbers with the prefix TQDJ, standing for The Queen's Diamond Jubilee