This note celebrated the 100th birthday of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, whose family had long banking connections with the Royal Bank of Scotland's Drummonds Bank.
- portrait of the Queen Mother
- art nouveau patterns to reflect the style prevailing in the year of her birth
- laurel and thistle imagery, associated with royalty in Scotland
- cameo portrait of Her Majesty aged six
- an engraving of Glamis Castle, Her Majesty's childhood home in Tayside
- the date of the birthday issue, 4 August
- serial number beginning with the letters QETQM, standing for Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother