Social media house rules
These house rules apply to social media accounts operated by the NatWest Group Plc, (‘NatWest Group’, ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’), on social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Google+.
Any references in these rules to ‘you’, ‘your’ or ‘yours’ are references to the person(s) using our social media accounts.
You can use our social media accounts to ask questions and to share your thoughts about our services. We don’t want to stop anyone from having fun, but we also want our accounts to be a safe and respectful environment for everyone. That’s why we’ve created some rules around interacting with us. We’ve explained any legal terms in a clear way.
Expectations of behaviour
We encourage you to:
- Ask for help with queries about your bank accounts with us.
- Give us feedback on our products or services.
- Tell us when something's wrong so that we can try to fix it.
- Only post information you're happy for everyone to see.
- Share our posts with your friends or family.
But please don't:
- Post personal or confidential information (for example account details). If you need to share this information with us, please do so in a private message.
- Be offensive, indecent or abusive.
- Post anything that could be considered defamatory or embarrassing, or damaging to someone's reputation.
- Use our social media accounts in a way that might breach any laws and regulations including competition law.
- Direct people to sites containing viruses or anything that might damage their computer.
- Try to access the administrator features or functions of our social media accounts without permission.
- Spam or troll our social media accounts.
How we manage our social media accounts
Unless we say otherwise, the information we post on our social media accounts is only intended for residents of the United Kingdom.
- Our social media accounts may be managed by our employees and/or third parties appointed by us. We can't moderate what others post before it is posted, but we may (if we're able) remove posts which breach our House Rules. We may also block users who repeatedly break them.
- If you find content on our social media accounts which you think is inappropriate or you're concerned about, please contact us.
- Remember to also follow the social media platform's (for example Facebook’s or Twitter's) own rules and terms. If you don't, they may hide your post or take other action and we don't have control over this.
Views and opinions
- The comments and messages posted by others on our social media accounts are the views and opinions of the person posting and are not our views.
- Our social media accounts are hosted by independent providers (like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn) and we can't control what they do. Having an account doesn't mean that we endorse them.
Using your comments, ideas and images
If we'd like to use anything you post or message to our social media accounts, we'll ask you first.
Using our materials, content and images
We encourage you to share our social media content with others provided we're identified as the source (for example, retweeting a tweet posted by us). However if creating your own online or social media content about any of our brands, please remember that our names and logos are protected by trademarks, and you need to get permission from us before using them.
The comments or messages we post on our social media accounts aren't intended to give financial or investment advice and we recommend you get advice from a qualified financial advisor before making an investment decision.
Changes to our House Rules
- We may change these House Rules from time to time. We'll let you know on our social media accounts when we do this.
- Our social media accounts may sometimes be changed or temporarily unavailable, for example while we're making improvements to them. We may also close our social media accounts without giving prior notice.
We're committed to protecting any information we collect about you. We may record and keep information (anonymous or otherwise) about how you use our social media accounts (for example, the frequency of your visits and the comments you make). We may also share this information with other NatWest Group companies and/or with third parties acting on our behalf. Doing so helps us better understand and serve our customers.
NatWest Group plc, registered in Scotland no. SC45551. Registered office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority, and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.