Ongoing development of new strategies
- Our First aid strategy now includes the use of security guards as part of the trained population as a 24-7 presence. We now have over 50 guards ‘First Aid at Work’ trained at our largest sites. We have in place a training programme so all guards by 2024 will have a full first aid qualification.
- For first aid, we have tried to use the software such as Microsoft teams, which we are currently piloting to check which qualified colleagues are on site on any given day in 250 Bishopsgate.
- We have encouraged more of our colleagues to upskill in basic first aid skills, such as via the British Heart Foundation App.
- In 2022 we were able to dissect the information from a full year of Display Screen Equipment (DSE) assessment data. Analysing the MI, as well as listening to anecdotal feedback, has helped us evolve a 'big 5’ strategy which we are working through with design and technology teams- including piloting of new products to help use zoom in the best ergonomically friendly way.
- We conducted a Portable Appliance Test pilot on home working kit. The failure ratio worked out at a very low 0.97%. A risk appetite decision was reached that 60 months for testing frequency is suitable. We have added photos from the pilot to the ‘Informal equipment visual inspection’ guide. We ask colleagues to complete this every year as part of their DSE. assessment, bringing to life what equipment safety hazards to look out for at home.
- Responsible person safety inspections by Facilities Managers now take place for all office locations in the UK twice a year.