The package is available to NatWest Group’s retail, business and wealth customers who will now be able to purchase Electric Vehicle (EV) charge points at discounted rates. This bundled solution offers the entire stack of infrastructure, technology and software needed to switch to electric vehicles, and also includes a comprehensive assessment of each customer’s needs.
Today’s offering is the first time a major bank and a renewable energy supplier have come together to provide such a solution.
- Discounted EV charging technology and installation
- Funding options from NatWest
- Access to innovative and green electricity tariffs and smart meters from Octopus Energy
- Free access to Octopus Energy’s ‘Electric Juice Network’ - the UK’s only EV roaming service which allows customers to access public charge points across the country, with all costs appearing on their energy bill
- Solar and battery technology to complement the core charging infrastructure offer
- Potential grid upgrade and access to fleet management software if required
Customers will also benefit from Octopus Energy managing the process required to take advantage of applicable government grants available.
James Close, Head of Climate Change of NatWest Group, commented: "By working with Octopus Energy, we are offering a bundled solution to help people and businesses go green. We are determined to play an active role in the UK’s transition to a low carbon economy and this access to EV charging technology will make it easier and more affordable for our customers to make a positive difference to our environment.”
Greg Jackson, CEO and founder of Octopus Energy, commented: “Transport accounts for a third of the UK’s carbon emissions, making it the country's largest emitting sector and in desperate need of transformation if we are to reach Net Zero. We are so excited that NatWest has committed to promoting sustainable practices and will be joining us on this mission to green our roads. If more people and businesses realised the savings they could get and switched to an EV, the benefits it would have on our planet would be massive.”
*All of the above benefits outlined, with the exception of the funding element, are provided by Octopus Energy. To be able to access this offering in full, you must take advantage of the charging point element. Some elements also require you to sign up as an Octopus customer. Offer applies to all customers within the United Kingdom, regional exclusions apply. Smart meter, energy supply tariff and Electric Juice Network excluded in Northern Ireland.
To find out more visit: