Lena Wilson CBE
Independent non-executive director
Date of appointment:
1 January 2018
Contribution to the Board:
Lena contributes significant knowledge and experience to the Board drawn from a broad executive and non-executive career. She has extensive transformation and development skills, with experience in enterprise, internationalisation, stakeholder management, ESG and general management.
As former chair of the NatWest Group Colleague Advisory Panel, Lena provides valuable insights on customer and people issues in particular.
Lena has a portfolio of Chair roles in the listed, private equity and professional services sectors. She has been a FTSE 100 non-executive director for over 10 years and previously served on the boards of Scottish Power Renewables Limited and Intertek Group plc. Lena was Chief Executive of Scottish Enterprise (2009-2017) and prior to that, was Senior Investment Advisor to The World Bank in Washington DC.
Lena was a member of Scotland’s Financial Services Advisory Board and Chair of Scotland’s Energy Jobs Taskforce. In June 2015 she received a CBE for services to economic development in Scotland.
Current external appointments:
- Chair of Picton Property Income Limited
- Chair of Chiene + Tait LLP
- Visiting Professor, University of Strathclyde Business School
- Member of the European Advisory Board of Workday Inc.
- Group Performance and Remuneration Committee (Chair)
- Group Sustainable Banking Committee
- Board Risk Committee
- Group Nominations and Governance Committee