Lena Wilson, CBE
Independent non-executive director
Date of appointment:
1 January 2018
Contribution to the Board:
Lena contributes significant knowledge and experience to the Board drawn from a broad executive and non-executive career. She has extensive transformation and development skills, with experience in enterprise, internationalisation, stakeholder management, ESG and general management.
As Chair of the NatWest Group Colleague Advisory Panel since it was established in 2018, Lena provides valuable insights on customer and people issues in particular.
Lena has a portfolio of Chair roles in the listed, private equity and professional services sectors. She has been a FTSE 100 non-executive director for 10 years and previously served on the boards of Scottish Power Renewables Limited and Intertek Group plc. Lena was Chief Executive of Scottish Enterprise from November 2009 until October 2017 and prior to that, was Senior Investment Advisor to The World Bank in Washington DC.
Lena was a member of Scotland’s Financial Services Advisory Board and Chair of Scotland’s Energy Jobs Taskforce. In June 2015 she received a CBE for services to economic development in Scotland.
Current external appointments:
- Chair of Picton Property Income Limited
- Chair of AGS Airports Limited
- Senior Independent Director of Argentex Group plc
- Member of the UK Prime Minister’s Business Council for 2022
- Chair of the Advisory Board of Turtle Pack Limited
- Chair of Chiene + Tait LLP
- Visiting Professor, University of Strathclyde Business School
- Member of the European Advisory Board of Workday Inc.
- Group Performance and Remuneration Committee
- Group Sustainable Banking Committee
- Board Risk Committee